Kingston City School District Board of Education elections will be coming up again soon. For those interested in running, please review the requirements you need to meet in order to do so.
Being on the BOE is no easy task. However, with the current state of public education we need strong and brave people to step up and fight for our kids, our teachers and our taxpayers.
Are you that person???
The Common Core Fact Forum with Dr. Peg Luksik hosted by Kingston Action For Education on September 7, 2014 was a successful night. We are very grateful to Dr. Luksik for her time. What an education and awareness!
Quote of the night “In a war of intellgence, stupid people lose – so get informed!” – Dr. Peg Luksik
We had a great turnout with people from multiple school districts, both local and across the state, in attendance. We were also pleased to have three members of the Kingston City School District board of education in attendance. As attendees left many commented about the depth and quantity of information that they had received from Dr. Luksik.
Many Kingston residents expressed a desire to attend but were unable to do so for a variety of reasons. Video for the full Common Core Fact Forum is available thanks to the work of Mr. Mert Melfa. There are also short videos of the opening comments of KAFEco-founders Tory Lowe, Maria Maritsas and Jolyn Safron.
Dr. Luksik suggested a number of things that can be done by those concerned about Common Core:
- get informed – watch the video of the forum. Be sure you know the facts. For even more detailed information, visit foundedontruth.com
- get involved politically – VOTE! “When you walk into the ballot box, you are making a political speech. it is the only one they MUST listen to.”
- “The worst thing you can do is nothing. the best thing you can do is something!”
- Stay involved with other parents – Kingston Action For Education (KAFE) is a group of parents who are advocating for their children and all the children of this school district. Their goal is to unify and educate parents and caregivers presenting factual information about the state of their community’s educational system. When the need arises, KAFE is willing to take the action necessary to reclaim their voice in education. Find Kingston Action For Education on facebook or at kingstonactionforeducation.org
- Q&A – When writing a letter to the editor, pick ‘the one thing that floats your boat’, a personal story or something you feel strongly about. Pick one issue. Quote real information/facts. Keep the letter under 300 words; one issue and hit it three times in the same letter.